Hello Dear listeners, take a look at the next podcast episode on the topic “The role of the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) in child development” with a BCBA Melissa Mello! She is a project manager and clinical supervisor with a history of working with children with ASD for over 15 years. Melissa is a certified ESDM therapist and trainer.
ESDM is evidence-based behavioral intervention for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder between the ages of 1-4. It focuses on addressing language, cognitive, and social skills in everyday activities and interactions.
We discussed several topics about the ESDM:
- The reason why a parent or a specialist should choose the ESDM as a therapeutic approach for children with autism.
- The effectiveness of the ESDM in research.
- The main difference between Applied Behavior Analysis and Early Start Denver Model.
- A little bit more about the therapy process – assessing a child’s skills, setting goals, and choosing the strategies to promote child development.
- The role of the parents in the therapy process.
You can find more information about the ESDM and trainings here: https://www.esdm.co/
There are great free resources for the caregivers here: https://helpisinyourhands.org/course
Thank you for listening! If you find this podcast helpful and valuable, I would be happy to hear from you in the comments on Facebook or in a personal message on the website. Take care!